Becoming a German --- Reading Labels
I will start a series of becoming a German, how living here has changed me for better or worse. It will be interesting when I read this later...
Firstly, I read labels on almost everything. When I buy clothes, I always check for the material and in Germany, it is mandatory to have that label. I don't buy synthetic material as it attracts static. During my last trip home, I was in Isetan buying clothes. The fabric felt soft and I searched for the label. There was non on the material composition. I asked the sales lady and she said she didn't know. The German in me said how can you not know. Anyway I bought it and will find out soon if it is synthetic.
I also read labels on frozen food on the preparation - how many degrees and how long. Previously I used my eyes. If the color looked right, then the food is ready. However, I do not have my eyes on the expiry date and nutrition labels. If it doesn't look spoil or rotten, then it is edible. Unfortunately Lucas and Chloe have hawk eyes on expiry date. They won't touch the food after expiry date even though the food looks perfectly good. To workaround it, I throw the packaging with expiry date and said the food is still good.
I read manual instructions on most gadgets no matter how simple and small. To find out how to clean and how often, what does each button do.
I take note of the measurement before buying. Buying chairs, tables, bags, shoes, household gadgets etc to make sure I don't get surprises.
Would you say this is change for the better?
No comments:
Post a Comment